Last updated: 2/10/2017
1. Information You Provide to Us.
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you, or which may be used for official Equity business. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name, username, e-mail address, telephone numbers, mailing address, ethnicity, disability status, credit card or checking account information ("Personal Information").
Additionally, parts of the Equity website may have forms that ask you to provide information that is necessary and relevant for union business, such as Deputy forms, forms to change your member status or a form to change your professional name.
2. Information that is Passively or Automatically Collected.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services that collect, monitor and analyze this data.
3. Information Collected By and From Social Media Services and Other Third Party Platforms.
When we interact with you through our content on third party websites, applications, integrations or platforms, we may obtain any information regarding your interaction with that content, such as content you have viewed, within the content you have been shown or may have clicked on.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with information about matters of interest to the Association’s membership. Your information is also used for purposes of collective bargaining (negotiations), contract administration, internal union governance (committees, officer and councillor elections, etc.), and membership administration, including accepting online payment of dues and fees.
Additionally, we may use information that we collect in order to provide technical support for the website, to prevent potentially illegal activities (such as harassment, fraud or copyright infringement), to protect the safety of our users, and to perform analysis regarding how you use the website.
When you provide information to us from your social media account, it can help enable us to do things like (1) give you access to content related to the union and its work, (2) personalize your online experience with us within and outside our Site, (3) contact you through the social media service or directly by sending you news and information about the union, and (4) enable you to share our content via social media services. When you provide information about yourself to us through an application, through our Site, or on social media services or other third party platforms, it may be publicly viewed by other members of these services and if that happens, we cannot prevent further use of the information by third parties.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
We may disclose the Information as follows:
1. To service providers or partners that we have engaged to perform business-related functions on our behalf. This may include service providers that: (a) conduct research and analytics; (b) create content; (c) provide customer, technical or operational support; (d) fulfill user requests; (e) handle payments; (f) host our Services, forums and online communities; (g) maintain databases; (h) administer Equity’s officer and councillor elections and membership referenda; (i) prepare bulk mailings of legally-required campaign e-mails in conjunction with Equity elections; and (j) otherwise support Equity’s services.
2. In response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena, a law enforcement or government agency's request or similar request.
4. We may share the Information with allied or affiliated entities, such as the AFL-CIO, the Actors’ Fund, Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS, and others , so they can provide, improve and communicate with you.
SECURITY AND OTHER PRIVACY INFORMATION
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, and we are diligent about using commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
1. Linked Services
Some parts of our Site contain links to or integrations with other services such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other media services and platforms whose information practices may be different than ours. Visitors should consult these other services' privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
2. International Transfer
3. Data Security
We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to use correctly the Information we collect online. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the Information that we collect and store.
4. How You Can Access or Correct Information
Access to certain personal Information that we collect and maintain may be available to you. For example, if you created a password-protected account in the member portal section of our Site, you can access that account to review the Information you provided.
You may also call or send an e-mail or letter to the nearest Equity office requesting access to or correction of your personal Information. Contact information appears at the end of this policy. Please include your name and Equity membership number in the request. We may ask you to provide additional information for identity verification purposes.