Posted October 3, 2012
< return to 2012 archives
Adopting a Troop 2012
Once again, the Actors' Equity Association Phoenix-Tucson Liaison Committee is gathering items for holiday care packages to be sent to military troops stationed overseas. Many of us have been affected by their absence and all of us are grateful for their sacrifice. Last year we worked together with a local Girl Scout Brownie Troop and received enough donations to send 16 boxes to troops in different locations, plus deliver several boxes to local charities selected by the Brownies. We hope to reach more of our service men and women this year. If each AZ AEA member donates just 1 item on the list, we can send some holiday cheer and much needed supplies to our fellow Americans serving abroad.
We are collecting goods through Saturday, December 1st, in the Green Room at Phoenix Theatre, 100 E. McDowell Rd (NE corner of Central & McDowell by the Phoenix Art Museum.
(Please view an expanded list at www.adoptaplatoon.org/new/pdf/care.pdf).
- Toiletries in TRAVEL/TRIAL sizes: soaps, lotions, shampoos, conditioner, toothpaste, deodorant, sun screen, anti-bacterial hand wipes, eye drops, bug repellant, etc.
- Toothbrushes, dental floss, cotton swabs, tissue packs, baby wipes
- Shower flip-flops, Odor Eaters, mesh laundry bags, clothes pins
- Sunglasses, lip balm, nail clippers, travel mugs
- Hard candy, nuts, gum, granola bars, jerky, crackers, soft package tuna
- Instant coffee or hot chocolate, tea bags, pre-sweetened powdered soft drinks or tea, ramen soup, dry cereal packages, individual condiment packages
- Playing cards, puzzle books, Frisbees, sponge footballs, CDs, disposable cameras, phone cards
- Paperback books, magazines, envelopes, pens/pencils, stationery
- Socks, T-shirts, underwear, both men's and women's, adult sizes
- Zip-loc bags for packing (to separate and protect food items from toiletries)
- You may donate other items at your discretion. Please know that food must be non-perishable.
- Remember ˇ§smallˇ¨ (and light) for shipping and ˇ§portableˇ¨ for the troops.
We are also accepting monetary donations to help offset the postage and mailing costs. Contributions may be dropped off or mailed to Tony Hodges, 6900 E. Camelback Rd, Suite 1005 (IMTA), Scottsdale, AZ 85251.
There are several options for donations:
- You may drop off items or send items to Tony Hodges, 6900 E. Camelback Rd, Suite 1005 (IMTA), Scottsdale, AZ 85251. Contact Tony at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bring items to the November 5th AEA General Meeting at Stage West of the Herberger Theatre Center.
- Items may also be dropped off to our collection box in the Green Room at Phoenix Theatre.
- You may request a pickup in the metro-Phoenix area by a member of the AZAEA Social Committee by contacting Maren Mascarelli: email@example.com.
Feel free to contact Maren at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or with any questions.
Click here for flyer... (PDF)