Posted December 4, 2007
< Return to 2007 Archives
Council Approves One-Year Extension of LORT Agreement
At its meeting on October 16, 2007, the Council approved a one-year extension of the AEA-LORT Agreement, with increases in salaries, health rates, and per diem. The Agreement will now expire on February 22, 2009.
The following changes will take effect on February 25, 2008:
- Minimum salaries in LORT A, B, B+, and C categories will increase by 3%; LORT D minimum salaries will increase by 2%. Minimum salaries for Lincoln Center (Vivian Beaumont), Roundabout (American Airlines, Studio 54), Manhattan Theatre Club (Biltmore), Center Theatre Group (Ahmanson), and Ford's Theatre will increase by 3%.
- Extensions at Lincoln Center (Vivian Beaumont), Roundabout (American Airlines, Studio 54), and Manhattan Theatre Club (Biltmore) will require Production Contract minimum salaries as negotiated in the 2008 Production Contract negotiations.
- Experimental Theatre salaries will be increased to 80% of the prevailing "D"
- Per Diem will increase from $45 to $50
- Health contributions will increase to $167 per week/per Actor for Categories A, B, B+, and C; and to $157 per week/per Actor for Category D and Protected Theatres
For further information, check the current LORT rulebook, or contact your LORT Business Representative.