Posted January 14, 2008
< Return to 2008 Archives
Axium International Payroll Service Bankrupts
-Equity Offers Assistance-
Axium International, a prominent entertainment industry payroll service, unexpectedly and suddenly went out of business and declared bankruptcy on January 8, 2008. While only a few Equity companies were actively using Axium's services at that time, please be aware of the following potential problems if you worked a show under an Axium payroll:
- If you have any Axium paychecks that have not yet been deposited or cashed, do not try to cash them now - they will bounce. Contact the management of the show/theatre where you were employed and/or contact your Equity Business Rep.
- If a check you deposited in the last week has bounced contact the management of your show/theatre and/or your Equity Business Rep.
- If you file an Unemployment claim where part of your past employment was through Axium and the claim is denied, contact Val LaVarco in the New York Equity office.
- If you had a work-related injury during a show that used Axium and you have any problem with your Workers' Comp claim, call Val LaVarco in the New York Equity office.
- Axium is sending out W-2 forms, but there may have been some delays, so please be patient.