The Rosetta LeNoire Award
Nominations Now Open for the 2018 Award
The Rosetta LeNoire Award, named for the noted actor and theatrical producer Rosetta LeNoire, is given in recognition of outstanding artistic contributions made by either an individual or institution to the universality of the human experience in the American theatre.
Award Eligibility & Criteria:
- The recipient must have an exemplary record in diverse and inclusive casting, hiring, or promoting opportunities for Equity members representing historically marginalized communities including but not limited to women, people of color, people with disabilities and seniors.
- The recipient must have a working relationship and history with Actors' Equity Association.
- The recipient must be an individual, theatre, or producing organization.
- Nominations must be submitted in writing either digitally through the form below or by mail to Rosetta LeNoire Nominations c/o Viviana Vargas, Actors' Equity Association, 165 West 46th Street, New York, NY 10036.
- Nominations must be accompanied by supporting documentation attesting to how the nominee fulfills the mission of the award.
This form and all accompanying materials must be submitted by
Friday, February 23, 2018.
Contact Viviana Vargas, Diversity and Inclusion Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Arizona Theatre Service
Diversity on Broadway
Established in 1988, the award was named in honor of the actress Rosetta LeNoire, who was also the first recipient, not only because of her body of work in the theatre – and her work with the then titled Actors' Equity Association's Ethnic Minorities Committee – but also for founding the AMAS Repertory Theatre Company